Oh the 90's
Reminiscing over the 90's, a time of extreme advances in technology, movements such as hip hop spreading around the world, and of course unforgettable fashion trends. Ripped jeans, graphic tees, silver glitter eyeshadow and metallic mini skirts, to name a few. The hype of grunge where the decade popularized flannel shirts amongst both sexes. The rise of Dr. Marten shoes and who could forget Kate Moss for Calvin Klein, as she changed the fashion world forever in her skivvies. Yes, it was a brilliant decade of fashion and trends.
I've been able to bring these trends, along with many others back into my wardrobe. The slip dress is here once again and I can't get enough of it. Whether its on its own, dressed down for day, or up for the night, or how about layered. It's no longer for just the bedroom ladies, its brilliant design can actually be worn multiple ways.
Here are a few tips to change your look:
- Wear it bare in the summer, with a low messy bun, adding your favorite pair of dangled earrings, and a delicate sandal.
- In the winter, add a chunky knit over top, then take it off at dinner, wearing only the slip. #sexy
- Layer a t-shirt or long sleeved shirt, with runners and a bomber jacket.
- Layer a t-shirt, with thigh high boots and a fluffy fur coat.
- Sneak into your boyfriends closet and add a mens blazer over top
- Tie a denim jacket around the waist and pair it with a mule.
- Try a grunge look by throwing on a hoodie and a baseball cap.
- Take your look moto chic with a leather jacket and a pair of brogues.
- Finally, why not wear it over a pair of denim, you'll be sure to turn heads.
Anyway you decide to wear your slip dress is up to you. Regardless, I can promise you one thing, you wont be disappointed.