The Shirt Dress
A garment hyped with the informality of your boyfriend's button-down, only with more length and structure, genius! Another feminine meets tomboy moment for me and a must try look this summer. I was hesitant when I first purchased it as I wasn't sure if it would suit me or my petite body frame, but after playing with a few different looks, admittedly the shirt dress has become a favorite. #keeper
Officially in this spring/summer, the shirt dress can be worn multiple ways. Yes I know, a dress is a dress, but you can change the look and restyle it. You can wear it with a belt at your waist, or you can leave it un-belted for a more effortless vibe. Edgy, bohemian, accessorized or why not pair it with denim or a skirt, you choose. I went a bit edgy with my look today and wore it with a leather jacket, which gave it just enough statement. I left the top buttons undone to give it a bit of sex appeal and wore these black mesh heels that I can't get enough of. I find that the shoes you wear really set the tone of the outfit. I didn't accessorize this look because I wanted to keep it simple, however I must admit, my accessory pile is failing and I really need to work on it.
- For a classic look, pair it with a blazer and a clutch
- For an edgy look, switch it to leather jacket or a leather vest
- Summer vacation? roll up your sleeves, slide on your gladiator sandals, grab your sunglasses and a hat to complete the look
- Ankle boots are perfect for that boho chic style
- Brogues give a great androgynous sophisticated style
- Evening out with your girlfriends? try a silky shirt dress with your favourite pair of sexy stiletto sandals. You'll be turning heads!